Rekindling the Flame
In creating a character for the game, keep in mind that you will be starting in the country of Thrane, an area which is recovering from a 100 year war, and a country that is surrounded by its former enemies.
Some questions to keep in mind when developing your character’s backstory are:
- What did you do during the war?
- Are you originally from Thrane and if not, why are you in Thrane and helping the country now?
- Are you a follower of the Silver Flame? If not, how do you react in a country that does?
- Did you have family in the war? Where are they now and how did the war affect them?
- What is your trouble? What motivates you to be more than a peasant.
Characters will start at 2nd level with only 1 level 1 magic item. Consider where you got the item. Is it a family heirloom? Is there anything unique about it?
BE SURE TO MAKE A LEVEL ONE CHARACTER AND THEN LEVEL IT TO TWO. IF YOU START WITH MORE THAN 100 GOLD YOU DID IT WRONG. THAT IS ALL
The following races are allowed for the campaign with no special consideration.
The following races can be only used with special consideration and proper backstory consideration from the Gamemaster.
Changeling, Deva, Dragonborn, Eladrin, Genasi, Goliath, Tiefling.
The usual restriction of one race and class per game has been lifted. If there are 5 human paladins, so be it.
The following classes are not allowed.
Assassin, Blackguard, Vampire, Infernal Pact Warlock or Hexblade.
Every Divine class is allowed, Primal classes please confer with Gamemaster as to viability and story. Psionic classes are also allowed but primarily as Kalashtar.
Members of Dragonmarked houses are allowed, but again with special consideration by the Gamemaster. However, any Dragonmarked characters will gain special benefits in game.